Marvel vs. Capcom variant game
Suggested Point Value: 300 points
Suggested Maps: Street Fighter starter maps (Or any 6 x 16 square area of any map that can be fairly easily navigated)
Team Construction Rules:
- Teams must consist of 3 characters
- No character may be more than 150 points (you may choose to include attached resources and ATAs with the characters point value when enforcing this limit)
- No character may be less than 50 points
- Only one character from your team will be on the map at a time. Each player selects one character to put in their starting area at the beginning of the game.
- Gameplay proceeds normally but all characters can be given a power action (even if a power or ability prevents power actions from being given) to be removed from the map and placed on their card. Then one of the non-KO'ed characters on the team is placed in the same square with any tokens (and potentially pushing damage) that were on the removed character. Resources, Relics, and ATAs associated with a switched out character are not transferred to the replacement. That character can not be given a non-free action this turn.
- When a character is removed from the map and placed on their card via the switch mechanic, put two tokens on the character card. Remove a token from the cards of each character on your team at the beginning of your turn. When the final token is removed from a card, you may heal that character of 1 damage.
- If a character is KO'ed, that character can no longer participate in the game and the character's owner then selects a non-KO'ed character on their team and places it (with no action tokens) in their starting area and that character may not take a non-free action until your next turn. (This last part simply prevents a player from pushing a character to death while attacking, then putting a new character into play and attacking again that turn. If your character is KO'ed during your opponents turn, on your turn you would be able to give the character an action.)
- When a player's last character is KO'ed, that player loses the game.
- You may want to play best of 3 to determine the winner of a match.
- No characters with Hypersonic Speed are allowed, or alternatively, any character that can use HSS possesses Charge and Running Shot instead.
- The game can be played without a point value by using 3 sealed single figure boosters per player. Sealed boosters are not opened until the character is to be put in the game, and a character may not be switched out while they are in their starting area.